Director of Finance
At Fishbowl Solutions, we help Enterprises improve access to information, streamline processes and drive innovation. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Director of Finance will use their experience to provide financial insight for the decision-making and planning processes to further the responsible growth of the company. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful individual will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our company.
As a Director of Finance, a typical day might include the following:
- Providing sound financial perspectives while collaborating with a high energy, fast-paced leadership team
- Working on financial strategies and plans that align corporate goals with healthy profitability
- Partnering with other team members to ensure plans and models drive deeper understanding of a financially healthy organization
This job might be for you if:
- You have a solid history of preparing sound financial strategies and want to push yourself to have a greater impact on an organization
- You believe that a good financial strategy can balance aggressive growth with a fiscally responsible plan to hit profitability goals
- You believe process and continuous improvement are critical for long-term growth and success.
- You’re high-energy and passionate about creatively helping our team members develop and push themselves.
- You are detail-oriented, learn quickly, and are focused on achieving challenging goals.
- You believe great companies win as a team.
Why work at Fishbowl Solutions?
- We pride ourselves on hiring smart people who are constantly learning and growing and interested in learning from others
- We foster a team-first environment focused on collaboration, enabling cross-functional work as you develop meaningful relationships
- We find the best ways to solve our customers’ relevant business problems with world-class (and cool) technology solutions
- We have a “work hard, play hard” mentality with perks that include the annual President’s Club vacation, recognition through Peloton Awards (peer kudos), community service and volunteer events, and other activities, including company-sponsored sports teams
- Located right off of the Cedar Lake Regional Trail and future Light Rail stop.
- Recently recognized by the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal as a “Best Places To Work”
The sky is the limit at Fishbowl Solutions, for you and for us. We are entrepreneurial. We are growing. Join us!
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in decision making as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Drive the development and execution of the financial strategy and budget for the company
- Create, maintain, and manage financial controls and accounting procedures and processes to ensure adherence to organizational budget
- Provide financial insights on ways to increase revenue, decrease expenses, and meet or exceed profitability targets
- Effectively communicate financial risks and opportunities in a timely manner
- Directly support the General Manager and President on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial planning, budget management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage staff to a high-performance bar, including regular performance feedback and plans for continuous improvement
Success in this role includes:
- Broad experience creating and managing an operating budget and associated financial models
- Demonstrated ability to model, track, and report on financial and operating metrics
- Ensure adequate cash flow and profitability to meet organization goals
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely execution of wages, incentives, commissions, and bonuses for staff
- Maintain Accounts Receivables at or below organizational targets
- Implement and execute procedures to ensure swift and accurate client billing and payments
- Maintain strong credit rating through timely payment of expenses
- Coordinate and produce all relevant tax documentation
- Provide financial perspective and insight on risks associated with key customer and partner contracts
- Ability to clearly communicate finance and accounting principles to teammates with limited accounting knowledge
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in senior financial position with staff management responsibility
- At least 3 years experience working in small, entrepreneurial organization preferred
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or similar field
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CPA) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
To apply, please visit our candidate website and upload your resume.