Marketing Analytics Intern
The Marketing Analytics Intern performs many business analytics and reporting duties to support Fishbowl’s marketing and sales teams. The position includes responsibilities in traditional website analytics, social media analytics, and sales data reporting. A marketing internship at Fishbowl Solutions is an ideal position for young professionals seeking to learn marketing/business analytics practices on the job, and apply coursework while gaining perspective on overall marketing functions.
As a Marketing Analytics Intern, a typical day might include the following:
- Gather and input opportunity source, lead cycle time, customer revenue, as well as organic web site visits and referral visits for weekly marketing dashboard reporting
- Pull contact and sales data from CRM system and online contact database tools to be used for marketing campaigns
- Use Google Analytics and Webtrends to analyze website data including keyword analysis
- Use WordPress SEO tool to analyze page-by-page performance and ensure each page is SEO-optimized
- Analyze technology partner social media activity to understand posting velocity, keywords used in headlines/titles, influencers and thought leaders, etc.
- Assist with email open analysis to create segmented list per target audiences based on Fishbowl technology solution focus
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams on new ideas for gathering insights for marketing and sales initiatives
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Marketing Team Lead or Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Majoring in Marketing, Data Analytics, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Very experienced in the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Excel, and be comfortable with pulling data from various sources and creating reports
- Strong data analysis experience with specific, real-world examples of reports created, such as website reports including page visits, bounce rates, time spent on site, etc.; or sales reports including revenue spend by customer, revenue by product or service, opportunity generation by sales rep, etc.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO
- Desire to work with a small, high-growth company where you can determine your career trajectory
- Strong written and verbal communication, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical affinity; willingness to learn and master new technologies
- Proven academic success (GPA of 3.3 or greater)
Why work at Fishbowl Solutions?
- We pride ourselves on hiring smart people who are constantly learning and growing and interested in learning from others
- We foster a team-first environment focused on collaboration, enabling cross-functional work as you develop meaningful relationships
- We find the best ways to solve our clients’ relevant business problems with world-class (and cool) technology solutions
- We have a “work hard, play hard” mentality with perks that include the annual President’s Club vacation, recognition through Peloton Awards (peer kudos), community service and volunteer events, and other activities, including company-sponsored sports teams
- Enjoy our work space, including free parking, located right off of the Cedar Lake Regional Trail!
- The sky is the limit at Fishbowl Solutions, for you and for us. We are entrepreneurial. We are growing. Join us!
To apply, please visit our candidate website and upload your resume.