For over 15 years, Oracle WebCenter has been used by organizations to store, manage, and retain their high-value content. During that time, Fishbowl has helped customers leverage the system to solve many common and unique content management problems. We want to share some of those success stories with you, with the hope that they will help you form new ideas on how to further leverage WebCenter in your organization. Starting today, we will be publishing an “Oracle WebCenter case study of the week “. These case studies will highlight the ways customers are using WebCenter to solve their business problems and drive new process efficiencies.
This week’s customer case study details a global manufacturer of aluminum rolled products. This company came to Fishbowl in search of a solution to make access to payroll information much more available to employees and financial officers, as well as secure the information provided. Fishbowl utilized Oracle WebCenter Imaging & Capture and Adobe LiveCycle to satisfy this content management use case, and also help the customer save around $75,000.
- Reduce costly distribution processes involving printing and mailing over 30,000 pages of reports per year.
- Make access to payroll information much more readily available to employees and financial auditors.
- Ensure payroll data stored in Oracle WebCenter is highly secure.
- Fishbowl implemented WebCenter Capture and Imaging to scan and manage over a dozen types payroll-related reports including payroll closing, direct deposits, W-4s, and garnishments.
- Imaged documents output to directory where security policies are applied using Adobe Live Cycle’s Information Rights module. This further ensures unauthorized document access.
- Documents with security information uploaded and stored in existing Oracle WebCenter Content instance and available for viewing by authenticated users.
- Reduced estimated yearly cost of $75,000 to print and mail over 30,000 payroll-related documents.
- Ensured that sensitive employee data cannot be seen by unauthorized users.
- Created a much more accessible and simple Payroll processing system to manage and retain the company’s 16,000+ documents.