- Fishbowl Solutions processes both offline and online personal information. Information about you may in some cases directly identify you, while in other cases it may only indirectly identify you.
- Fishbowl Solutions obtains information from our online and offline interactions with you during events, or email or telephone correspondence; third party data providers, or interactions with our site.
- We use your personal information to respond to your requests; to deliver functionality on our sites; to administer our subscriptions; to market and tailor products and services to your or your company’s interests; to engage in transactions with and process orders; to develop, improve the performance of, and secure our sites, products and services; and to comply with applicable laws such as to comply with an opt-out request.
- Your personal information is shared throughout Fishbowl Solutions’ organization.
- attendees of Fishbowl Solutions events or Fishbowl Solutions-sponsored events;
- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
When interacting with our websites, you also have the ability to link or connect with non-Fishbowl Solutions websites, services, social networks, applications or other features. Fishbowl Solutions does not have any control over these features of other parties.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHICH CATEGORIES AND SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
Fishbowl Solutions can process information about you collected both offline and online.
- Offline information about you originates from our interactions with you during in-person meetings or at Fishbowl Solutions events, conferences, workshops or gatherings;
- Online information about you originates from your activities on our sites, for example, in relation with your Fishbowl Solutions accounts, (pre-)sales inquiries or from your interactions with Fishbowl Solutions via electronic communication tools such as email or telephone. Information about you may also be provided by third party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a relationship with you.
Specific pieces of information about you that Fishbowl Solutions may collect and process includes:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company;
- data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Fishbowl Solutions;
- to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for Fishbowl Solutions products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security of our sites, networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
To market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Fishbowl Solutions
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, attending Fishbowl Solutions events or other occasions, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries.
To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process purchases of our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to Fishbowl Solutions, our employees, customers or partners as a supplier or business partner, Fishbowl Solutions processes information about you to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and help you get started and adopt our products and services.
To manage the security of our sites, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
To market our products and services or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
Fishbowl Solutions may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters).
If you attend an event, Fishbowl Solutions may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and can share information about your attendance with your company.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
For personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have alegitimate interest in processing this information.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about youas necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on yourconsent where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services.
- We rely on ourlegitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
FOR WHAT PERIOD DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Fishbowl Solutions maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with you at Fishbowl Solutions events and conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if you have not made a deletion request.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 5 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
WHEN AND HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As a global organization, information about you may be shared globally throughout Fishbowl Solution’s organization. Fishbowl Solutions employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- Fishbowl Solutions distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLED GLOBALLY?
Fishbowl Solutions is a global company with operations in two countries and personal information is processed globally. If personal information is transferred to an Fishbowl Solutions recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Fishbowl Solutions will take measures designed to adequately protect information about you, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
Fishbowl Solutions has implemented appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Fishbowl Solutions.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
You can exercise these choices in accordance with applicable laws as specified by filling out a Contact Us form on our website.
DO YOU COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, Fishbowl Solution’s sites are not directed to minors and Fishbowl Solutions does not promote or market its services to minors. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our sites without appropriate consent, please notify us through our inquiry form so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections. Additionally, please use this same form to request removal of content or information that was posted to our sites when the registered user was under the age of 16. Please note that such requests may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of the content may have been reposted by another user.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION OR FILING A COMPLAINT
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that you believe we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
FISHBOWL SOLUTIONS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Fishbowl Solution’s corporate headquarters are located at:
4500 Park Glen Rd. STE 200
Minneapolis, MN 55416